In COLLEGE :
20 Points to STUDENTS &
10 Points to TEACHERS
20 Points to be a successful College student
- CLEAR vision on FUTURE. Choose course / subject of study with clear career goal or objective
- During the Course select important Specialization / Good Project / Practical Internship
- Study every subject with passion. Create love for what to do in LIFE and Learning for making Better LIFE
- 4. Recognize and Give importance to possible Learning. Finish Home Work Everyday
- 5. Take Notes (in the class) and Make Notes (after the class) are IMPORTANT. Recognize important points
- Share your Learning to others so that SELF Learning gets crystallized
- Balance TIME for Self /family /friends / games / hobby / Enjoyment etc.
- Keep every class mates / colleagues as EQUALS – No EXTRA TIME to make pairs to avoid TEEN_AGE_LOVE
- Easy to be in LOVE – BUT difficult to escape from the TRAP – LOVE is an easy war to start – difficult to end
- Use all the Resources like Library and Laboratory apart from the FACULTY expertise and their TIME
- Use Peer discussion focused to Learning, Show Maturity and discipline, Learn Creative Organizational Skills
- Don’t fall under the pressure of bad groups. Identify a Faculty MENTOIR
- Each Student should take the responsibility of creating Campus LIVELY and INTERESTING
- Learning in years are through DAYS added – Wasting a day / time without value addition is LOST in Years
- INVEST time so that IT IS PAID BACK in LIFE with good RETURNS. Don’t SPEND time.
- Improve Language (ENGLISH) – use all options for this – communicating with friends and faculty
- Don’t Miss Reading NEWS PAPER; if not educated LITERATES - who else are to read DAILY?
- Long Journey to and from College to be utilized creatively. Learn to learn in Move.
- Use of INTERNET / SOCIAL Groups to Learn and SHARE. Not for TIME PASS.
- EXTRA / INCIDENTAL / LONG HOLIDAYS are to be used for LEARNING LIFE Skill / Soft Skill / Career Training
10 Points to be a successful College Teacher
- Learn the SUBJECT and related topics well in advance. A Good Teacher is ever-ready and can engage LONG Hours. Relate subjects to Practical Use and Relevance. Make the Objective of the CLASS very clear.
- Never Scold / make to wait STUDNETS who are LATE in to the CLASS – They are better than absentees. They are the one who must have struggled all the way to make to your class.
- NEVER scold an individual student in the CLASS – it amounts to wasting time many who are waiting to LEARN from you.
- CONTROL the class. Don’t allow chit-chat while you are teaching. Throw indisciplined Students OUT.
- Never help students for EXAMS. Help them to Learn.
- Be tough and make difficult questions – Evaluate liberally. Indicate mistakes, allow students to read other students’ answer sheet to realize their mistakes.
- Be a Creative Teacher. Make class Edutainment (mixing education & Entertainment). Use all possible Technologies in the class. It is time to move to Multi-Media teaching. No BLACK and WHITE Boards – make it COLORFUL.
- Allow Students to ask QUESTIONS> Class ending without questions is useless. Teach them to take NOTES and Making NOTES. Review the CLASS after each session.
- Consider Students as elders and treat them as responsible ones. Soon they are going to be in JOB and in HIGH POSITION in Society. Respect them.
- Play the role of MENTOTR to each one of your students. They need some guidance from you. If they are bad. It is because of you. Making good STUDENTS is a Collective responsibility of Teachers – It is an Institutional Responsibility – Singled out Teachers Will NOT be able to do this.